segunda-feira, maio 24, 2004

Para o Montoya, o Ralf, o Schumi etc. lerem...

O que está escrito abaixo foi dito pelos protagonistas do momento mais
mágico e louco da F1 em todos os tempos, Dijon, 1979.

Rene Arnoux
"The duel with Gilles is something I'll never forget, my greatest souvenir
of racing. You can only race like that, you know, with someone you trust completely, and you don't meet many people like him. He beat me, yes, and in France, but it didn't worry me - I knew I'd been beaten by the best driver in the world."


Gilles Villeneuve
[Two years later] "That is my best memory of Grand Prix racing. Those few laps were just fantastic for me - outbraking each other and trying to race for the line, touching each other but without wanting to put the other car out. It was just two guys battling for second place without trying to be dirty but having to touch because of wanting to be first. It was just fantastic! I loved that moment."


(Suck it, you sissies!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Carlos H. Moyna said...

Limpa eu não diria que o famoso duelo Arnoux x Gilles tenha sido, mas pelas declarações de ambos vê-se que que estavam os dois focados numa disputa meramente esportiva, sem malícia ou safadeza. Por isso, nenhum dos dois guardou rancor, nem mesmo o "derrotado" Arnoux.

11:59 AM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home